Ferndale Bible Church has a spiritual, moral, and legal obligation to provide a secure environment for children, youth, and vulnerable adults participating in church programs that are under the auspices and authority of the church. Everyone who teaches, helps or cares for children, youth, or vulnerable adults is required to follow the guidelines and procedures as defined in the Plan to Protect Policy.
Ferndale Bible Church is committed to the following:
- We will screen all paid employees, including ministerial staff, and volunteers who work with preschoolers, children, youth, or vulnerable adults.
- We will check references and do criminal record checks on all our workers, for any position involving work with preschoolers, children, youth, or vulnerable adults.
- We will train all staff who work with preschoolers, children, youth, or vulnerable adults, both paid and volunteer, to understand the nature of child sexual abuse and how to carry out our policies.
- All workers will sign a Ministry Covenant, agreeing to comply with the church policies and guidelines.
- There is a “two-adult” rule that is in place to reduce the risk of child molestation.
Volunteers will be permitted to work with preschoolers, children, youth, or vulnerable adults only after they have been adherents/members for a period of six months. This provision may be waived where the person is transferring from another church and has a letter of recommendation signed by the pastor of that church.